Happy Easter!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Feeling the joy of the Easter season right now. We had such a lovely (and super busy) weekend. On Saturday, we celebrated Emmitt's upcoming first birthday. I think he had a great time and I know that Jaron and I did! We were so thankful to have family and friends gathered together in honor of E. I'll probably post more on the party later, but I still have about a week until his actual birthday, so I'm processing and remembering this past year for now.

On Sunday, we had breakfast and an Easter Egg Hunt at church. Our church knows how to celebrate the big holidays. Christmas Eve Mass and Easter Sunday are my favorite, and I have such fond memories of these services over the years. It was so nice to have Emmitt with us at them. Lately, Jaron and I have been reminiscing together about this time last year. Emmitt was born on Palm Sunday and was one week old on Easter! It was neat to bring our baby son into the world during a time that celebrates new life.

And now, he just enjoyed his second Easter! How is it even possible?!? Jaron and I literally (to be said like Rob Lowe's character on Parks and Recreation. I love that show. Leslie Knope is sorta my hero. But I digress....) can't figure out where the time has gone. We are about to have a one year old!

What a year! I don't have much more to say on this right now. Like I said, still processing.... Hoping that you all had an equally happy weekend!

EGH on Easter, April 2011, 1 week old


EGH on Easter, April 2012, 51 weeks old

2 comments:

  1. Gosh he's cute! So glad we got to hang out last weekend!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible year! It's not only super fun to see Emmitt grow, it's also so fun to see you and Jaron become amazing parents. His birthday party was so great and he was totally awesome with the cake! Yay Emmitt! 1 Year Old!

    ReplyDelete

 

Old House Hill All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger