Ten on Tuesday

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I didn't really feel like typing out the list I've had in mind for the last few weeks, so yesterday I started brainstorming some other things.  First, I started making a list of "10 Foods I'm Craving After Being Sick."  Sunday night, I began feeling really gross and think I must have gotten whatever E had last week.  And yesterday morning I felt even worse, so didn't feel like eating anything.  But then last night, my appetite came back in full force and I was craving lots of delicious food.  I started making that list, but got stuck after typing "large Sonic Dr. Pepper and delicious, diner style grilled cheese," because my mouth was watering too much to concentrate on anything else.

So I thought of doing something else.  I'm a compulsive list maker.  There are little pieces of paper with all the stuff I need to do all over the place (my purse, baskets around my house, the kitchen counter).  There is a dry erase board in my kitchen that sometimes I write cute or fun stuff on, but mostly I make a list, which quickly becomes a hodge podge of letters because it's so crammed with everything I've tried to squeeze onto it.  And finally my phone calendar is filled with To Do lists that I just move from one day to the next, because they're always too long to ever complete in one day, yet I continue with this system.  Today, I'm gonna share with you some of my current To Do list (some Home Tour stuff, some regular cleaning stuff, etc).

10 Things I Need/Want To Do Around The House:

1.  Sand and Paint these chairs, recover the seat cushions with laminated fabric.  I've wanted to put laminated fabric on these chairs for a few years.  For one thing, I think the casualness of the laminated fabric will give our otherwise traditional furniture a fun feel.  And second, I love the idea of easy clean up and not worrying if E is getting stuff all over them.  Because he is.  And that's fine, because there are just more important things to worry about.  But this will ease my mind a bit.  I know that's sad.


2.  Do the dishes.

3.  Vacuum and sweep. This job could be done everyday (it's not) and it still wouldn't be enough at our house, with a German Shepherd and two cats, but what're you gonna do?

4.  Do laundry: fold AND put up clothes.  I'm that girl who turns the dryer on over and over because I don't want to take the clothes out to fold them.  Then when I finally do take them out, they sit in a pile on my couch for longer than I care to admit.  I did not have to stage this photo for the blog- so convenient.


5.  Clean bathrooms.

6.  Take giveaway pile to Goodwill.

7.  Sew curtains.  I got an awesome idea for curtains at the Dewit Design Camp (I wrote a little about my experience here.) that I went to earlier in the summer.  Drop cloths from Lowe's!  It's an easy way to gets lots of fabric for very little cost, and it looks like linen.  My mom is gonna help with the sewing.  I'll letcha know how it goes!

8.  Touch up paint.  I need to touch up the white trim and some of the paint on the walls in several places around the house.

9.  Go through E's clothes and gather the items that are too small, for our younger, smaller family members.  Then cry a thousand tears because my baby is no longer a baby.  Just kidding.  Kind of.

Check out his cranky face!

10.  Thank you's.  I added this one just to let you in on my neurotic, obsessive compulsive, flawed self.  "Thank you's" has probably been on the majority of my To Do lists for the last 3 years.  I wish I were kidding.  If you have not received a Thank You from me and wondered why, please know that I am truly SO, SO thankful for you and your gift!  I am just really terrible at completing Thank You cards.  I don't know why this is, but it is a scientific fact and it keeps me up many nights.  I'm not kidding.

Since you now know I am one, weird cat (Well, you already knew that.  How could you not?), let me end with a quote I came across the other day and that has given me some encouragement the last few days.

"Make your home as comfortable and attractive as possible and then get on with living.  There's more to life than decorating." --Albert Hadley, 1994

3 comments:

  1. I can't get over how tall he's getting! Let's cry together :) I hear you on the vacuuming, cleaning, dishes...all of that. Why does my maid suck?! Oh wait...I suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote and will promptly steal it / make it my personal mantra. And I will also take the liberty of adding a few choice phrases to the end of the last sentence whenever I deem appropriate, such as: "There's more to life than decorating...AND CLEANING; AND COOKING; AND GETTING OUT OF YOUR PAJAMAS BEFORE NOON..." Things like that.

    ReplyDelete

 

Old House Hill All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger