Whew.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Holy Moly, October.  October was a weird month for us, as it both seemed to fly by and drag on forever.  We work-work-worked on preparations for the home tour, and had some other stuff come up, but mostly I sorta just hit a wall on the blog front.  Pathetic, I know!

The home tour was a few Sundays ago and I think it went really well!  We are so glad we got to participate in it this year, and equally glad to not spend this week or next weekend or the next getting ready for it.  We are SO grateful for everyone who helped make it a reality.  We truly would not have been able to do it without your help.  Thank you, thank you!

There are still some things I want to work on and tackle next, but sshhh!  Don't let Jaron hear that, because we're taking a loooong break from house projects.  But in all honesty, Jaron deserves an award for all he did on the house in the last two months.  Even the projects that were specifically mine, he often took on as I was usually chasing after E.  I so appreciate that man.  Thankful he's mine.

As I have done in the past, I'm making a renewed effort to blog more, but it may still be sporadic.  I love being able to feel more connected to some of you distant friends and family though the blog, and I also enjoy the idea of making new friends, so if you're up for it, bear with me as I try to get back into it.

I want to post some pics of what we did around the house and of Emmitt.  He's getting so big!  I know that's something parents just say about kids, but it's because it's SO true.  We just can't believe our eyes.  Emmitt was kinda a little guy his first year of life, but since he hit 1, he's really gotten big, quick.  He's 18 months old!  (And now, we're almost half way through November, so really he's closer to 19 months, oy.)  I don't know how I feel about him moving closer to 2 than 1.  Not sure I'm ready for that.

Umm, so maybe just a random mix of pics now from the last month or so?  I will try to write more about what we did around the house, but that is always a little scary for me.  I'm not an organized diy-er that can show you step by step how we did things.  It's much more of a clustercuss over here and we're just happy to get to the final product.  Also, my photography skills are lacking and I don't have awesome stuff for editing.  But it's good to do things we're scared of, right?  Hence much of my experience with this blog.  Glad to be back, friends.  Hope you are all well!

2 comments:

  1. Emmitt is so big and adorable! Love the pictures in his costume and with things on his head, haha. Your house looks amazing- congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok several things: 1)Owen is also going through a phase of putting things on his head, which we find quite amusing. 2)Emmitt is the most adorable little donkey i've ever seen! 3) your house looks great! looks like all of the hard work paid off. and I LOVE the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

 

Old House Hill All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger