A Picnic

Thursday, January 24, 2013

I had hoped to post this the other day, but our internet has been down.  Boo.  So here it is.  I know you all have been on pins and needles waiting for it.  Ha!

Remember when I told you here that I was dreaming of having a picnic with my two boys in our backyard?  Well, on Saturday, we did it!  It was a simple picnic, but oh so fun!  We got sandwiches, fruit salad, cucumber salad, chips and cookies from Ingrid's, a German bakery that happens to be one of our favorite places to eat here in OKC.  We threw down a beautiful quilt that Jaron's grandmother had made and we snuggled up to eat all the yummies.  Maybe I should clarify.  Jaron and I sat down on the blanket to eat our lunch, while Emmitt was in heaven, running around the yard, throwing the ball to Eva, occasionally coming over to take a small bite of his grilled cheese or cantaloupe.  Finally, he took his grilled cheese with him on his adventures and found an area of plants to sit in to eat by himself, no parents bothering him to take a bite.  

The warm sun felt so good pounding on my skin.  I enjoy to have the seasons change, I enjoy for it to be cold and wintry over the holidays, but other than that, I'm not a cold weather person, and now I'm ready for Spring.  The dogs were also so happy to be outside in the warm air and to have us hanging out there with them.  We had my mom's dog, Honey, because my parents were in Washington DC for some event that took place the other day.  You know I really can't keep up with all their fancy goings-on ;).      

The picnic was a success and made for such a lovely Saturday.  We definitely plan to do it again, as the weather permits.

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Emmitt eating in the bushes. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Also, DID YOU CUT THAT BOY'S HAIR?! How could you? :) Just kidding, he is precious as always! And maybe it's just the angles, maybe he's still got it! Love the picnic idea, love you!

    ReplyDelete

 

Old House Hill All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger