Out and About in OKC: Kaisers

Monday, January 28, 2013

On Friday night, the boys and I packed up for a wild and crazy night on the town:  dinner and a trip to Lowe's.  I know, I know, we should take it easy.  I'm kidding, but have I mentioned that going out with my boys is one of my very favorite things to do?  Well, it is.

We headed to Midtown to eat at Kaisers.  We hadn't been since I was pregnant with Emmitt, and although we had often talked about going back, we never seemed to get there.  Until Friday.  It was a great night!  The food was delicious and Emmitt did so well.  He is getting to an age where he gets restless pretty quick when we go out to eat, but on Friday he actually ate his food and was happy in the highchair until Jaron and I finished eating.  Kaisers is known for their ice cream, so I got a vanilla milkshake with my meal, which Emmitt was a big fan of, and Jaron got a chocolate shake with kahlua and vodka.  When he told me what was in it, my mouth immediately filled up with spit, as I imagine just happened to you, and right then and there I made Jaron promise to take me back to Kaisers for a date, scheduled roughly for June 18, 2013, so I can have three one of my own.  Jaron had made similar shakes when we were visiting friends in Tennessee last summer, and we had actually bought the fixings for such shakes last fall but never made them as it was the exact weekend I found out I was pregnant.  So apparently Jaron got that shake as a cruel joke.  Nah, I'm kidding again, my simple, vanilla shake was delicious.

After dinner, we made our way to Lowe's, where we looked into several things.  We have started nesting mode for Baby Girl.  I'll share more as we get into the upcoming projects we have planned.  But for now you should check out Kaisers, it's a good time!

1 comments:

  1. That kahlua and vodka business sounds delicious! But how rude :) I've never been to Kaisers! Clearly I need to go.

    ReplyDelete

 

Old House Hill All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger