19/52

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014."

Emmitt:  E has recently become really interested in Superheroes.  His cousins gave him a Star Wars counting book a while back and he asked me to read it to him recently.  As we were reading along, he said, "I want to watch that show."  I'm not sure he even realized it was actually a movie, but that didn't matter to Jaron.  He sprung to action, found his Star Wars DVDs, and in no time the two of them were sitting on the couch, watching one of them.  I could hear Jaron explaining the plot and characters.  He was so happy.  And so was E.  Although, I'm not sure Jaron explained the characters very well, because now E keeps asking to have a cape and tells us he's Darth Vader.  Or maybe he understands clearly and just prefers the dark side.  Learning about Darth Vader also provided us the opportunity to explain E's grandfather's name, LV, to him (more on that another time).  
Cora:  Well if you can believe it, this stinker turned 11 months old last week.  (Looong sigh) And I'm having all the feelings about her impending 1st birthday.  I haven't written much about this little thing.  I've mostly been processing, taking her all in.  But this girl loves life and her clapping is one of my favorite things.  Also, she really (REALLY) needs us to be quicker about getting her what she wants, when she wants it (ifit'snottoomuchtoask).

It's Thursday!  And I'm out.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Old House Hill All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger