33/52

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014."

Emmitt:  This was on E's first day back to Mother's Day Out.  Except guys, his class is actually called preschool, which I just found out days before he started and I'm not sure how I feel about it.  (Sigh.)  He's so big and I love his guts and he has a dinosaur backpack.  Oh, Emmitt George.    
Cora:  This was last Sunday while we were in the backyard, chillin' and watchin' Dad work hard.  She was hammin' it up for the camera.  Love her big girl guts too.  Oh, Cora Marie.  

Friends, at the risk of being a dork and a pest, I'm gonna link you up to yesterday's post here.  And this is why:  It's a review of Jen Hatmaker's book, Interrupted.  When I read it back when Winter was turning into Spring, it rocked my world.  I'm still processing it, but last month I noticed on Facebook that Jen (maybe I shouldn't just call her by her first name, but I kinda want to think we're buds, in a completely uncreeper way, of course) asked bloggers if they'd be interested in reading an advanced  (free) copy of the updated and expanded version of the book that just came out.  I felt so nervous to say yes and completely inadequate in expressing what the book meant to me, but knew that I couldn't not do it.  So the review is my love letter to Interrupted.  I'm sharing it again, because I feel passionate about it.  Do with it what you will.

We're settling into the new week and hope you all are too.  Loveyourguts, friends and as some of my very favorites say,  I also love you like crazy.

(You can check out tons of other bloggers' reviews here.  Pretty neat.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Old House Hill All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger