41/52

Monday, October 13, 2014

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2014."

Emmitt:  This kid's newest obsession is bugs, specifically going outside to find a worm or roly poly to bring back inside and put in a bowl, up on the shelf between our kitchen and breakfast nook.  Fairly weird.  But even weirder is that he also likes to put a bow tie in the bowl.  I'm not sure what the bow tie's purpose is, but I'm clearly very stupid when it comes to these things, so I'll just trust him on this one.  I am wild about the fact that E seems to have such interest and affection for all God's creatures (even the ones that I think are icky).  Hope I can help encourage this as he continues to grow.   
Cora:  (Guys.  I love muffins so much.  For one thing, they're the perfect vehicle for butter.  And they're the only thing I really feel comfortable making in the kitchen.  I've been thinking a lot about muffins and sometime I just need to write a whole essay about how they act as an important metaphor for my life, but that's gonna have to be for another day.)  I made whole wheat oatmeal muffins one afternoon last week and while we were waiting for them, Cora sat down in front of the oven and peered inside.  It was the sweetest thing and I quickly ran to grab my camera, hoping not to disturb her, but by the time I took a photo, this is what I got... she had turned around and was coming for the camera.  Still pretty cute though.  

Oh friends, have a good week, will ya?! 

2 comments:

 

Old House Hill All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger