White Bluff in September

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I love these pictures.  For this trip, I didn't use my Canon all that much.  Last Fall, it almost felt a little burdensome.  I think it was a combination of my arthritis and just feeling some liberation by not needing to capture every single moment on that big camera.  I remembered that things still happen when they're not caught on camera.  Shocking, right?  And at that time, I fell in love with taking pictures on my iPhone, just when it was convenient and I wanted to.  I have been taking tons of pictures with my phone for years, but I learned new things last Fall and realized that the iPhone can really take some stinkin' high quality photos.  I'm still learning how to make those high quality ones, but it is possible... by certain people... and with a good dose of magic, but hey, it's possible!  A break from my Canon was just what I needed.  I have been excited to be using it again more lately, and look forward to improving my skills.  But what's all that got to do with these pictures?  Well here's the thing.  Like I said, I really love these photos so much.  Some of them are grainy and blurry, but they're all overflowing with love.  As I think about this season of life I'm in with kiddos running about, all of us learning and growing, pushing boundaries (!), making my heart melt... grainy and blurry and overflowing with love is just how it is these days, and that's really pretty great, huh?  I wouldn't change it, even if I could.  And I need that reminder every once in a while.    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Old House Hill All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger