February UNadventures

Thursday, April 7, 2016

February.  Already two months ago.  February felt full.  A good kind of full.  Busy, but with fun stuff, like the St. John's Auction and a dinner date out with friends to celebrate Valentine's Day.  February included the prettiest flowers and yummiest sweet treats.  Maybe it was February when I remember realizing that just a handful of simple dinners with some friends (who are like family) had turned into a tradition.  Yes, I think it was February, I named it as a new tradition and felt happiness spread throughout me. It was a reminder that most of my favorite things in this life revolve around good people and good food.  I started repeating this little phrase to myself: "Put a dinner on it."  It's of course a shoutout to Portlandia's "put a bird on it" skit.  I was more amused with myself about this than I should have been, I'll admit it.  But this new mantra might be the key to my eternal happiness within my village.  The theory is a work in progress though, so we'll just have to see how it goes.  We relaxed at home, but also ventured outside more as the days started showing signs of warmer weather.  We explored the Plaza District.  Then the kids got to spend time in Texas with their grandparents, while Jaron and I visited New Orleans for a weekend and had the best time.  We ended the month, gathered together with loved ones to remember and celebrate a brave boy.  February was good, filled just right with adventures and unadventures that overshadowed life's difficulties.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Old House Hill All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger