April UNadventures

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Oh April.  April, April, you sly month.  Probably the biggest thing to happen to our little family in April was Emmitt's 5th birthday.  And I'm gonna tell ya, I had been prepping myself for months that this was no big deal.  Don't make it a thing, Grace.  He has a birthday every year, and every year birthdays are kind of hard for you and every year you make it through and it's lovely and blah blah blah.  So it wasn't going to be a thing, guys.  So what, 5 is just a number, it's no big deal.  I was strong, I wasn't feeling sad or weepy or anything about the upcoming birthday, and I made it through the party just fine, and then BAM.  There is no escaping myself, and myself said, "Listen, 5 really is a big deal."  So I had a moment... or a weekend, I had a weekend... okay maybe it was pushing a week... and I had the feelings and remembered Emmitt's wee self and then remembered how he's a giant, kind, funny, and wildly and wonderfully weird boy now.  I had all the feelings about how our family has moved into a new era that includes two big kids and no babies.  It's all just right, but it's a big deal to me, and trying to avoid the inevitable really just made the feelings come on stronger and all at once.  So no more of that.  Oh Emmitt, Happy 5th Birthday!  You started the grandest adventure of them all when you made me a mama.  You are forever my very favorite boy.  

The last two UNadventures posts I've said it, and I'm going to say it again.  We keep getting outside more and more because the weather keeps letting us.  And it is good for the soul.  Besides the birthday and the party, which I'll share more pics of in a separate post, this month included seeing out of town friends, a quick trip to Tulsa with some of our favorites, Thunder basketball, the Arts Festival, a little Game of Thrones season premiere celebration, tree climbing, zoo trips, coloring, and good food and good drink (always and forever).  April, over and out.

1 comments:

  1. Many halls are created to provide a catering service to specific cultural needs. And it gets very difficult to have a party at a hotel because the catering staff could not cook the traditional meals required by the client. But this event venue specialize in specific cultural needs.

    ReplyDelete

 

Old House Hill All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger