June UNadventures

Friday, September 9, 2016

When I think back to June, I remember it being sort of all over the place.  I was excited to be on Summer break with the kids, taking our days slow and lazy, watching them play.  And I was nervous to be on Summer break with the kids, because while the time together was truly precious, it was also a big change in our schedule, and that's not my best thing.  But through the adjustment period, we still managed to find lots of happiness in the little and big moments.  We celebrated Cora's 3rd birthday, and I have to say that girl adds so much love and light to our world.  She is a delight to be around and our days are grander with her in them.  We love you more than you'll ever know, Cora Marie!  We also had some work done on our bathroom, and took another quick trip to Texas.  Jaron and I cleaned out our basement one weekend and found lots of treasures, some of which made my eyes water a bit (maybe a lot).  As always, we ate good food, let flowers brighten our day, went swimming, played outside and got filthy with dirt and water and bugs, and watched too much TV a lot of days.  We were sweet and we were cranky, and when the world felt dark, we were encouraged by our village and reminded that people are good.  One of my favorite things from the month was getting to go out to dinner with Jaron, my parents, sister and brother-in-law without our kids.  We sure love those kiddos, but dinner out, without them?  Well, that's a pretty nice treat.

Here's something I wrote for one of my Instagram pictures back in early June.  It's a good reminder for me as we get used to the new schedule of school.  Life is always changing, huh?

I keep thinking to myself how well we've transitioned into Summer and the new schedule.  I feel pleasantly surprised at how sweetly the kids are playing together, how they're not yet glued to the TV, but rather creating and imagining and enjoying their toys.  And every single time I start to get all romantic like this with my thoughts, thinking how precious this time is, like clockwork someone has a disgusting potty accident, or a complete meltdown, or tells me I'm the meanest and pops a sibling on the back, causing tears to erupt.  And there it is. It's good to have balance in your life, right? ;)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Old House Hill All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger